Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Outlook


With 2013 barely behind us, it's time to look forward to 2014.  Are you ready?
I remember as a kid, begging to stay up to ring in the new year.  Back then, there was no cable, so there were only three tv channels that carried the infamous 'ball drop'.  I always preferred the one with Dick Clark.  It was a big deal for my sister and I to get to stay up and watch Dick Clarks' Rocking New Years Eve celebration. We'd eat popcorn, drink sodas and eat candy, pretend we really weren't sleepy and brag about how cool it was that we got to stay up late and watch.  Those days are long gone now, but I think the biggest thing that I enjoyed, was looking forward to the excitement and newness that the new year brought.  I'm 46 now and I still feel that excitement.  It's like wiping the slate clean and starting anew. I'm especially looking forward to that this year.  That and the warmer weather.  :)
I hope that each of you will accept the gift of this new year.  Use it wisely.  Ponder, cherish and embrace each new memory and moment.  You only get them once. Just remember that!

Look forward to what is coming.  I have a feeling it's going to be amazing!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

...Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead. -Philippians 3:13

2 comments:

  1. Well said! Wishing you the best for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise words Cheryl. I hope 2014 is off the charts wonderful for you. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete