Monday, January 14, 2013

Sneak attack!

Do you ever feel like you're under a sneak attack?  I mean seriously, how does Monday roll around so quickly every week?  Or birthdays?  How does that happen? I could have sworn that I was 21 just last week!  And what's up with Christmas?  That just seems to come out of nowhere?  I mean seriously. The last time I checked, there were still 365 days in a year. Right?  They didn't change it and not tell me.  Did they?  We are under attack, I tell ya. They are everywhere.  Those are some sneaky little guys and I just can't seem to figure out how to catch them in the act!  Have you?

That's what I was thinking about just this past week.  How life just seems to sneak up on us. But I'm ok with it.  Gray hair and all.  Of course, I color mine, and the gray that does show, I call free highlights.  LOL
I saw a quote once that said something along the lines of:

'Be yourself,
 there is no one better
QUALIFIED!!!'.

And I enjoy being me!  I'd like to think that the Lord felt that I was the most qualified for the job. He had confidence that I could handle the position!  I must be doing ok.  I haven't been fired.

Now, as far as the second sketch, I think we can all see what is going on the second sketch. But I'm having a little trouble figuring out who is actually doing the sneaking. Is Bella trying to sneak up on Bandit, or is Bandit trying to sneak up on Bella? And the little mouse?  Maybe he's the one doing the sneaking! Maybe they don't even know he is there.  Hmmmm.  There's a story there for sure.

**Thank you to Debbie Brackett for the sneak attack idea for this sketch.  Clever girl!**

And here is Part II of the video tutorial.  Continuing with coloring A Penny for Your thoughts, I included the hair, shorts, bow, shirt and shoes.  I hope you enjoy it, and keep those ideas coming.  I'm working on the final Part III, which will include Bella.  :)  Scroll down past the tutorial if you'd like to gather your materials before starting.  And as before, I'd love to hear some feedback.  Good or bad. 

Until tomorrow. . . .HAPPY SNEAKING!!!



Materials Used:
A Penny for Your Thoughts image, available @ www.sassycherylsdigis.com

Hair:
Copic Marker-E30
Colored Pencils: Golden Rod, Raw Umber, Dark Brown, White

Bow & Shorts:
Copic Marker: R29
Colored Pencils: Cadmium Red, Espresso, Tuscan Red, White

Shoes:
Copic Markers: W5 & C1
Colored Pencils: Espresso, Black & White

15 comments:

  1. Cheryl, I love your tutorials. You're a natural at this. Can't wait for the next one. Have to say, if you think time is passing fast at your age, just get another 15 years or so under your belt. You'll think you're in a wormhole.

    Both images are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! thank you for the tutorial! But better yet, thank you for the list of things to gather ahead of time! Since I have to dig to find my supplies (note to self; clean up the studio!) it helps!!Love the sneaky little mouse by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HAVE to get my stuff together before I start anything. . .or I'm totally up the creek w/o a paddle! LOL
      Glad that I could help. :)

      Delete
  3. Love video number 2...can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee! lots of sneaking going on in the box! Love both images. your defffffffinitely on a roll miss Sassy!
    Waiting for the new the new one to pop in the store!
    I agree with Shirley, add a few more years and you will be surprised how fast time goes..
    My entire life I have heard-- when you get older, the years go faster and faster! nope-- didn't believe them.. now I do!
    Have the best day ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your videos!!! So happy I found your digis. I just love them. Can't wait for your next video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and thank you for your very sweet compliment. I really appreciate it!!! I'm working on the 3rd video and it should be up later this week.

      Delete
  6. simply awesome! Yup, sneak attacks everywhere and as time goes on, you'll be astonished at how more quickly they seem to occur!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thankyou very much for your tutorial i have been asking how you do your wonderful colouring for ages now we can all see your videos, your technique is great, thanks super aussie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know. . .I'm a little slow and LAZY. First to admit it. :0 Glad you liked it and thanks for watching.

      Delete
  8. Another great tutorial...so glad they are easily available to go back and back and back until we get it right! I can't believe how well blended they look without using any orderless mineral spirits. I'll be trying it your way for sure! pat yourself on the back my friend. your doing great and we like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific! Love this, Cheryl. Can't wait for the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME TUTORIAL - I LEARNED A LOT!
    LOVE, CANDY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Cheryl you were born to do this and you have
    A lovely speaking voice ,clear and concise.
    It was easy to understand .Next please .xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tutorial, Cheryl! I definitely picked up some great tips on the hair coloring which I struggle with. I also had no idea what the white pencil could add to the image! Wow. Can't wait for the next installment.

    ReplyDelete